Lifos Advanced Lightweight Lithium 68Ah Power Battery
|Part Number:||68Ah Lithium|
|Battery Types :||Lithium|
|Cold Cranking (EN):|
|Application:||Commercial Auxillary Marine Mobility|
Price excludes VAT
The LIFOS 68Ah Lithium Battery (equivalent to a 120Ah leisure lead acid battery) is an advanced battery using the new premium in lithium battery chemistries - Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) - which delivers reliable and safe power in virtually all conditions. Perfect for voltage sensitive and high cycling applications including leisure, commercial and off grid renewable energy installations.
- Solar off-grid systems:- Longer battery life, fewer service visits.
- Motorhomes, Caravans and Motor Movers:- Efficient, long-lasting power wherever your travels takes you.
- Commercial auxillary bettery applications.
- Emergency service vehicle auxillary battery applications.
- 5 Year warranty
- Bluetooth communication to LiFOS App
- Small & Lightweight
- Motor mover compatible
LiFOS has a 5-year warranty and its integral Battery Management System (BMS) guarantts its Depth of Discharge (DOD) does not exceed 90%, thus ensuring that LiFOS gives no less than 2750 charge and discharge cycles. Further, if LiFOS is only partially discharge to 50% of its capacity, for example, the number of times it can be charged and discharged jumps to 5000 (+13yrs).
DEPTH OF DISCHARGE (DOD)
All batteries have a DOD. It's typical to expect a battery using lead acid and gel compunds to give a 50% DOD. This means if, for example, such a battery is rated at 100Ah, it will only provide usable power of 50Ah, LiFOS has a 90% DOD, providing 61.2Ah of usable power, which means that to replicate the available power provided by LiFOS, a +120Ah lead acid or gel battery would be needed.
BATTERY MANAGEMENT AND COMMUNICATION SYSTEM
LiFOS has uniquely designed hardware/software integrated into each battery which allows it to:
- Operate heavy loads up to 1000w (e.g. caravan motor movers).
- Protect the battery from deep discharging.
- Be charged by any mains charger (not just a special lithium charger).
- Speed up charging times, whether being powered by mains or solar.
- Provide users with a unique view of the charge and discharge performance of their battery on a smartphone via a simpe-to-understand Android or Apple App. This free to download App provides extremely accurate information - generally far more so than a typical analogue battery meter. The App once connected to a smart device, will also send users a remainder to pur their LiFOS on charge once it has been discharged to 30%, thus further prolonging its life.
FREE BLUETOOTH APP
Monitor the state of charge of LiFOS batteries through a smartphone via our unique app available online for free download 9Apple or Android).
LiFOS is fitted with removable terminal posts, compatible with caravan quick release connectors, so that it can fir in the smallest space possible. The posts can be removed and ring terminals connected directly onto the terminal plates. In addition, two LiFOS batteries can be joined in parallel to create double the (AH) capacity. (Please note that LiFOS cannot be joined in series to create higher voltages).
LiFOS is a featherweight 7.8kgs. When compared to a good quality 120Ah lead acid battery at circa 34kgs, LiFOS gives an impressive 77% weight saving and in motor campers, caravans and boats, saving 27+ kilograms can be crucial.
LiFOS does not emit noxious gases therefore does not need to be housed in a specially vented chamber. LiFOS has a huge operating temperature range of -20 to +60°C and it can be used in any orientation (e.g. on its side), although on its base will give the best performance. Like all batteries it should not be allowed to discharge fully over a long period and if it will be left without any power input for a 6 month period the LiFOS must be charged. A warning will be sent via the App as a reminder.
LiFOS can discharge in temperatures down to -20°C but cannot receive a charge at any temperature lower than 0°C. If LiFOS is housed within a housing such as a caravan battery compartment or similar, it should be protected from freezing temperature. If, however LiFOS is exposed to the elements it should be placed inside a battery box or similar with some level of insulation.